Credit Controller, German speaker
- Job ID 01QNT
This is an exciting full-time home-based opportunity within the Accounts Receivable team.
The main purpose of the role is to collect outstanding debt due from Debtors in accordance with the Company’s credit terms and also identify, record, and co-ordinate the resolution of any disputes with customers.
You are part of a team of six Credit Controllers who are responsible for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The successful candidate must possess previous credit control/accounts experience and must be fluent in English and German.
Attention to detail is essential, so that you can speak quickly and competently to internal and external customers in addition to the service telephone line. You ensure through follow-up telephone calls that all questions are resolved and that outstanding debts are paid in a timely and efficient manner.
The candidate should have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated, and demonstrate flexibility.
The role reports into the Accounts Receivable Team Manager.
- Collecting outstanding debt on allocated accounts by telephone and written communication within agreed timescales and maintain accurate records of all such activity
- Respond promptly and completely to both customer and internal queries
- Making follow up calls to ensure that all queries are resolved and debts are paid in a timely and efficient manner
- Advising on problem accounts and filtering as appropriate to the Collections Manager and the Head of Finance
- Monitoring customer credit limits and maintaining company credit policies
- Referral of accounts to our legal team and debt collection agencies where appropriate and dealing with any issues arising
- Analysing on-line credit rating agency information and setting up credit limits for new accounts
- General administrative duties. Ad-hoc duties as requested by the Collections Manager
Key attributes, skills and experience required:
- Excellent in both German and English; French advantageous
- Experience in SAP is an advantage and good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Experience of working in a Credit Control/ Accounts department in a busy environment
- An ability to work well under pressure whilst applying keen commercial judgment and maintaining a customer service ethic
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Be flexible, self-motivated and a team player
- Good telephone manner with an engaging style
- Must be able to work from home
- Rota pattern to cover 8-18 hours Mon – Fri
What We Offer:
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the good stuff you’d expect like:
- Full time remote position
- Private medical care
- Holiday bonus
- Phantom scheme
- Referral program
- International environment
- Training is provided
- 40 hours per week
- Rota pattern to cover Mon-Fri 8am – 6pm
Grow in our high-performance culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
But if we’re going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We’re looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do. Do you?