Business Development Manager - Value Added Services
- Job ID 01RS0
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Value Added Services
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Business Development Manager in our Value Added Services Team. We are a dynamic sales team focussed on delivering value. We help our customers to maintain asset reliability, increase productivity, and improve process efficiency so that they can focus on making their businesses successful.
Within this role you will contribute towards significant growth for the UK business by increasing share of wallet with our customers through a specific focus on deploying our full range of Value Added Services. You will support the success of the UK sales strategies by aligning activity behind them to drive them forwards. Use deep understanding of RS Value Proposition around Maintenance Service, Inventory Services and Procurement Services to effectively protect and grow revenue.
You will take ownership of Value Added Services projects within accounts and actively drive business through adding demonstrable value to our customers.
What you will enjoy doing
- Owning the creation of business strategies to drive services performance.
- Proactively owning and driving the pipeline ensuring biggest and best opportunities landed through joint planning with Sales Teams.
- Driving services business strategy and ensure activities are aligned behind this.
- Planning of all resources.
- Supporting sales capability with respect to our services offer by mentoring and coaching teams, and ensuring sales activities are aligned.
- Having accountability for customer data integrity and protecting data confidentiality.
What Will You Bring to the Role
- Experience of working with or supporting an industrial maintenance strategy, a MRO procurement strategy, eProcurement, or managed inventory solutions.
- Ability to matrix manage across multiple stakeholders in order to deliver exceptional results.
- Demonstrate experience of success through applying a consultative solution based sales technique.
- Demonstrate a track record of creating customer need and proactively driving opportunities, rather than responding to them.
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?