The Supplier Manager will develop and execute growth plans with our key suppliers on a global level.
He/she will work collaboratively with regional teams to ensure we are satisfying the demands of our customers, working in a timely manner to execute plans. He/she will be responsible for managing and leveraging the full potential of our suppliers to deliver accelerated growth and drive supplier engagement at all levels of the organization.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role:
- Take full ownership and responsibility for the commercial performance of assigned suppliers across portfolio
- Responsible for leveraging and maximizing the full potential of suppliers
- Develop and execute supplier business plans aligned with category strategy and regional “go to market” strategies
- Responsible for ensuring profitable growth and developing a commercially advantageous supplier partnership, including cost and margin of suppliers through negotiations and relevant relationships
- Develop and leverage supplier partnerships to drive supplier engagement at all levels of the organization, including support of regions sales objectives
- Deliver on KPIs
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Supplier Marketing and Digital Content to establish effectively targeted campaigns, content enrichment and more to grow customer acquisition and profitable sales whilst managing supplier support
- Collaborate and coordinate efforts across regions and local markets
What you will bring:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in electronics industry
- Excellent German language level is a must
- Successful supplier relationship management
- Strong commercial acumen, highly results oriented
- Strong ability to drive execution and growth through cross-functional initiatives and processes
- Ability to develop and execute long term business strategies to support profitable growth over a period of time
- Experience of working in a matrix environment and with an online digital toolset
- Understanding the needs of industrial customer engineers and buyers (our target customers) and the target markets they operate in
- A collaborative team player across a business with fast moving, customer driven markets
- Strong influencing skills and excellent time management
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organisation of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We know that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for all. In this role we can definitely offer flexible working patterns.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to crafting an inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. A diverse and representative workforce is crucial to our success, and our aim is to build a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be their authentic self at work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can do this, please let us know.
We recognise that we’re not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937, and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re redefining markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?