VAS Business Development Manager
- Job ID 01RIF
Sesto San Giovanni (Milan)
The purpose of this role is to contribute towards the profitable growth of the country business with a specific focus on developing our customers trading with RS through our range of Value-Added Services.
The successful candidate will support the success of sales strategies, taking ownership of Value-Added Services projects within accounts and actively drive business through adding proven value to our customers.
The job holder will also raise the level of our business conversation to Senior Management and ensure our business relationship is protected in the long term by aligning senior leadership where suitable.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Supporting and driving Sales by aligning activities behind sales strategies and objectives in an effective and efficient way through joint account planning activities
- Providing Value Added Services insights to our sales teams that to drive channel compliance, sales and services growth
- Mentoring and developing Field sales teams to help them provide high quality pre-qualified leads and optimally utilising and co-ordinating internal resources to deliver on projects and targets.
- Providing flawless integration with Field and Corporate sales teams
- Evaluating a customer’s suitability and readiness to implement an RS Solution and make commercially driven decisions to proceed with or decline implementation opportunities
- Providing a consultative approach when positioning the RS Value Added Services and influencing the customer’s perspective by building value in the mind of the customer to develop competitive advantage.
- Supporting the implementation of our sales teams account development plans by establishing a broad range of influential customer contacts across all levels of accounts.
- Continually identifying and exploiting opportunities to profitably grow the business and to provide greater efficiency to RS.
- Being the voice of the customer by understanding their future needs and to feed this into the EMEA VAS Team.
- Having a detailed understanding of the product and services offered by key RS competitors within marketplace and communicating the demand for emerging technologies and products to the relevant internal stakeholders.
What you will bring to be successful in this role
- Recognition that ‘attitude’ is key to success, consisting of openness, curiosity, confidence, enthusiasm, tenacity, working effectively with others and a strong work ethic.
- Self-motivation with the ability to develop set your own agenda and work independently in a national field-based role
- Capability in business planning and project management
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the business and to various stakeholder groups, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to challenge constructively, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation
- The ability to build customer need and opportunities, rather than respond to them
- Positively challenge to pursue opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Have a positive sales attitude and ‘belief’ in the RS sales strategy
- Works well under pressure, whilst creating quality output
- Ability to problem solve and establish a suitable and appropriate customer solution.
- A high degree of learning agility and emotional intelligence
- Experience of MRO procurement strategy, eProcurement, Maintenance or Inventory solutions, as a strong plus
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here.Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed, find out more here. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?