Senior UX Designer
London, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RCR
- Closing date N/A
Senior UX Designer
London (St Pancras)
We are looking for a dynamic Senior UX Designer who will be responsible for overseeing the user experience design of our e-commerce platform and digital estate. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimised for improved usability, usefulness, and increased user satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be able to understand our business requirements, and partner with User Research to translate findings into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. And in order to ensure a great ongoing user experience, constantly iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing and feedback.
You will be a team player, will strong experience of working within a progressive, collaborative Agile environment. You will have an extensive portfolio of providing concepts for digital services and working with other developers, technical architects, user researchers and product owners.
We’ve been on an incredible journey but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
Here at RS we are constantly making improvements for our 1 million+ customers across the globe. As well as a focus on traditional B2C experiences, we have a large focus on Business to Business e-commerce, (a world once relatively immature) this is an area that is growing at a phenomenal speed. In fact many would say it has now become an area prime for new ideas and experiences for the customer, along with interesting design challenges and new opportunities to discover and implement innovative design experiences.
We’re investing heavily in our platform to ensure that it’s built with the latest technologies to enable us to deliver the best customer experiences and are looking for someone to enable our teams to get the most out of this.
What You Will Do
- Investigating user experience design requirements for our e-Commerce platform, with a user-centred approach based upon customer insights.
- Partner with User Research, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Developers to constantly improve our products in a collaborative Agile environment.
- Make strategic UX decisions related to core, and new, functions, features and iterations by asking smart questions, taking risks and championing new ideas.
- Producing high quality UX design solutions through user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Contributing, and adhering, to RS Design System components and standards to help evolve our design language further.
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor's degree and several years’ UX design experience for digital products or services.
- A portfolio of professional UX work for web, mobile and responsive platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Figma, Axure, Design Systems, HTML, CSS and React.
- A team player who can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. We can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
We have a gorgeous office based in the heart of the digital hub of Kings Cross. We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
•25 days holiday (with the option to purchase a further week)
• 24/7 access to virtual GP services
• An amazing wellness app
Oh, and there’s fresh fruit daily!
We are RSIncreasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
But if we’re going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We’re looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do. Do you?
Characteristics for success
We are a transforming business. And we’re growing to serve and inspire our customers even more. To forge a successful career here, you’ll need to:
- Take the initiative
- Think differently
- Become the best
- Focus on people
- Work together
We encourage people to take the initiative, think differently and become the best they can be.
We’re trusted to make the right decisions, do the right thing and work autonomously.
We talk and listen to each other, build relationships and tap into the minds of experts.
We welcome new ideas whoever they come from – and encourage others to champion them.
In the 18 years I’ve been here, tech has always been changing to become better. The new team structure has gained momentum over the last 2 years with heavy investment in technology and infrastructure. It is a great working environment with very capable engineers and genuinely nice people.Neil Latta, Lead Java Developer
Rewards and benefits
As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a valuable set of benefits, depending on your location, that look after your financial and physical wellbeing. These include:
A great culture that encourages you to think differently and grow as part of a team that communicates freely, listens closely and supports each other
We’ll do everything we can to help you work in a way that works for you, just ask the question
An opportunity to buy up to an additional week’s holiday each year
Experience access to a fantastic array of online shopping discounts catering for your passions, hobbies or lifestyle
Great career development
Opportunities to move where your passion takes you
Bonus and pension
Schemes that reward your hard work, secure your future and push you to be at your very best. Helping us achieve both your goals and ours, together
For digital dreamers and tech innovators
Work with a rich ecosystem of websites, delivering solutions and improving functuationality on a daily basis. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the development of our customers’ user experience, and make it the best in the industry. Join us in our journey to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the destination for electronic products and components.