Digital Product Owner- Find
London, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RN0
- Closing date N/A
Digital Prodcut Owner – Product Page
Join our digital transformation
We are ‘For the Inspired’ - providing inspiration and solutions for the engineering and technology challenges of the future. Our mission is to Become First Choice, delivering the very best B2B digital experience for our customers every time by being:
- Accountable – we are committed to attracting the best talent. We allow individuals and teams to express their passion and creativity with clear mechanisms for delivery
- Passionate – our stellar growth is driven by a passion for delivering the very best customer experience
- Innovative and collaborative – we try new things and we succeed (and fail!) as a team
- Aspirational and acting with Integrity – we do the right thing, are bold and develop a rewarding career as a result
We are on an exciting transformation journey, so if you are a hands-on change agent, who wants to be part of something big, where you can make a real difference, RS is the company for you!
The purpose of this role is to drive change across our ‘Digital Sales’ Product team, creating a strategy covering CRO initiatives and longer-term change to ensure that our entire onsite and multichannel experience is world class. The role holder will lead at least one agile team in both its strategy and delivery.
We’ve been on an incredible journey but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Accountable for the setting product vision, strategy and roadmap to drive world class customer experience and revenue growth across the ‘Sales’ domain with focus on product page and browse experience
- Deliver the mobile first responsive product strategy to align our desktop and mobile codebases in line with our Business and Technology Strategy Destination 2025.
- Accountable for optimisation initiatives and iterative agile releases that deliver new product developments to drive customer experience (improving our CSAT) and conversion through browse journey. To do this the successful candidate will use multiple insights from external benchmarking, strategic direction, analytics (Adobe) and customer onsite feedback (Foresee).
- Responsible for researching, benchmarking and creation of both annual and quarterly product roadmaps, producing clear hypothesis and benefits cases for initiatives and socialising these across the global business up to VP level.
- Responsible for driving performance metrics, such as Sales, Conversion, CTR, CSAT and site performance, including managing initiatives within the backlog to reduce tech debt and maintain class-leading site speed.
- Manage relationships and drive collaboration with UX Research and Design, SEO, Analytics, Multi Variate Testing, Marketing, IT and Content, and leadership team using a x-functional approach
- Managing stakeholder communications including product plan, prioritisation decision, rationale for changes, features, benefits and the impact of each change on customer experience and product performance.
- Manage stakeholder demand for onsite changes, ensuring well-crafted hypothesis with clear measurements of success to prioritise delivery and ROI
What you will bring to be successful in this role
- Significant experience in developing strategy and roadmap through using data and research to drive change
- Significant proven experience of value delivery through a feature roadmap, as well as the ability to articulate clearly how value will be realised
- Ability to use data as a differentiator, making conversations objective rather than subjective
- Experience of managing multiple projects/programmes of work simultaneously
- Proven delivery of conversion increases through optimisation and feature delivery
- Passion for developing outstanding and unique customer experiences, with the ability to challenge the status quo and understand current technology limitations
- Determination to work within current constraints, offering constructive builds on process improvements to facilitate and drive our Digital Transformation.
- Extensive eCommerce experience with online product development experience
- An executor who is proactive at getting things done through effective collaboration and ability to identify and lead the Agile team to manage issues, risk and expectation, with minimal supervision
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in a dynamic scaled Agile environment
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here.Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed, find out more here. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
Characteristics for success
We are a transforming business. And we’re growing to serve and inspire our customers even more. To forge a successful career here, you’ll need to:
- Take the initiative
- Think differently
- Become the best
- Focus on people
- Work together
We encourage people to take the initiative, think differently and become the best they can be.
We’re trusted to make the right decisions, do the right thing and work autonomously.
We talk and listen to each other, build relationships and tap into the minds of experts.
We welcome new ideas whoever they come from – and encourage others to champion them.
In the 18 years I’ve been here, tech has always been changing to become better. The new team structure has gained momentum over the last 2 years with heavy investment in technology and infrastructure. It is a great working environment with very capable engineers and genuinely nice people.Neil Latta, Lead Java Developer
Rewards and benefits
As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a valuable set of benefits, depending on your location, that look after your financial and physical wellbeing. These include:
A great culture that encourages you to think differently and grow as part of a team that communicates freely, listens closely and supports each other
We’ll do everything we can to help you work in a way that works for you, just ask the question
An opportunity to buy up to an additional week’s holiday each year
Experience access to a fantastic array of online shopping discounts catering for your passions, hobbies or lifestyle
Great career development
Opportunities to move where your passion takes you
Bonus and pension
Schemes that reward your hard work, secure your future and push you to be at your very best. Helping us achieve both your goals and ours, together
For digital dreamers and tech innovators
Work with a rich ecosystem of websites, delivering solutions and improving functuationality on a daily basis. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the development of our customers’ user experience, and make it the best in the industry. Join us in our journey to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the destination for electronic products and components.