- Job ID 01RGJ
We´re looking for a Finance Manager for Italy who will play a fundamental role in supporting the strategic direction of the markets and providing clear insight into performance and strategy execution.
You will be at the heart of business with regards to decision-making and risk management, deliver world class insight and transactional processes in a robust control environment for our customers and will provide opportunities for development for talented people across Finance globally.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role:
- Supporting management through communication of financial performance with recommendations and actions
- Provides insightful reporting into published financial and other performance reports and initiates ad hoc analysis where required
- Develop and provide a consistent suite of management accounts, incorporating the complexities of the sales divisions and demand driven nature of the function and the linkages (such as gross margin) and other Global functions
Forecasting & Budgeting
- Crystallises functional objectives into robust financial plans, business targets and KPIs
- Ensures Management Information is presented in a business centric and relevant way tailored to support strong business performance
- Final review and oversight of local market implementation of functional planning, budgeting and re-forecasting
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with local leadership team colleagues, Finance Lead Team members and other business management teams
- Influences relevant stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of the strategy
- Provides senior level financial decision support within the markets and commercial insight to the functional manager
- Oversight of financial management of business programmes impacting the markets or programmes impacting across the Group when the jobholder is a workstream member
- Provides rigorous financial and business analysis of decisions ensuring a full evaluation of options; constantly looks for value for the Electrocomponents Group
Functional leadership and team management
- Works with other Finance business partners to develop and use common approaches, leveraging the global single data input model
- Be an effective leader and team member within the Market Leadership Teams and develop a culture of continuous improvement
What you will bring:
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent) with experience of leading global and remote teams
- Has the experience and gravitas to be able to operate with colleagues at the Market Leadership and Finance Lead Team level
- Able to communicate financial status of functional operations and highlight key areas of focus
- Very high level of business acumen
- Well-developed analysis, insight generation and communications skills
- Reporting, forecasting and budgeting capability and decision support capability
- Demonstrates effective leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop highly engaged and performing remote teams
- Developed successful relationships with Group stakeholders and with internal colleagues at all levels within a company, ideally within a matrix-based structure
- Contribution to the development of an organisation’s growth strategy through effective development of business relationships
- Strong exposure to, and appreciation of, risk management from a commercial perspective
- English and Italian speaking
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example, by taking accountability and ownership.
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer flexible working pattern.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?