Sales Director, Germany
- Job ID 01R7D
The Sales Director Germany is accountable for leading and coordinating the commercial sales teams in delivering sustainable and profitable sales and market share growth across Germany. The market has an established turnover of c.€200 million with an aspiration to exceed €500 million.
The Sales Director – Germany will directly lead a multi-disciplined German Sales organisation and collaborate across EMEA to ensure alignment of strategy and approach at corporate and non-corporate level.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role:
- To lead, motivate & inspire a multi-disciplined organisation of accredited Sales Professionals to enable RS to become First Choice for customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders
- To create a talent pipeline that fosters diversity & inclusion to ensure customer & supplier centricity to drive profitable sales growth
- To be a visionary and effective coach to enhance strategic thinking throughout the Sales Leadership team
- To operate & act as a role model in a complex matrix organisation and lead by example to set ambitious organic and in-organic aspirations and execute flawlessly and at pace
- To execute strategy to achieve RS Components strategy at pace and through risk management
- To execute end-to-end sales cycle in a compliant and governed manner
- To execute the EMEA governance related to Corporate Accounts, Sales & Service Effectiveness
- To create, nurture, win pipeline opportunities to grow the German market organically in line with business expectations
- To mitigate risk to revenue through robust contract renewal and agreement management
- To create commercial savviness throughout the organisation to drive profitable sales growth and market share
- To identify and work with a wide range of stakeholders to execute projects and strategy
What you will bring:
- Proven track record of sizable sales growth in a complex, matrix business environment
- Thorough understanding of customer behaviours and purchasing patterns and appropriate Marketing principles
- Demonstrable ability to serve as a successful participant on a Leadership team that provides Sales leadership and direction
- An enthusiastic leader, driving high performance and a culture of accountability
- Demonstrable ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation to influence behavioural changes and development of skill sets for the future business needs
- Ability to be a successful mentor, coach and leader for a high-performing sales team
- Cultural awareness and experience of working in a complex matrix organisation
- Proven change management skills
- Excellent skills in communication, both written and verbal, with fluent German and English language capability
- Experience of working in multiple product, technology solutions environment such as distribution, retail or wholesale or another business services sector.
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example, by taking accountability and ownership.
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer remote and flexible working pattern.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?