Director of Value Added Services
- Job ID 01Q8H
Summary of the role
RS is on an exciting journey towards its “Destination 2025” goals, which are focused around remaining first choice for our customers, our suppliers, our shareholders and everyone who works for the Group. We operate in a fast moving, constantly evolving, competitive environment, which is why we must be unwavering in our ambition to become, and remain, first choice. We are placing innovation at the heart of our business, to demonstrate to the world that we are responsive, and open to change.
We are looking for a Director for VAS who will be accountable for leading and coordinating the VAS, Technical and Implementation teams in delivering sustainable and profitable sales and execution of services and solutions to drive an effortless customer experience whilst optimizing efficiency and effectiveness.
You will work collaboratively across Key Markets & Group functions to drive, strengthen, harmonize and optimize VAS implementation and Technical Strategy across the EMEA region which has an established turnover of £1.1bn with an aspiration to exceed £5bn.
You will directly lead a multi-disciplined VAS, Technical and Implementation organization and collaborate across functions locally as well as on a group level to ensure alignment of strategy and drive best practice to ensure operational excellence and share of wallet growth within our customer base.
You will also have overall accountability for market profitability of the VAS solutions across Procurement, Inventory, Engineering & Maintenance to ensure they are additive to profitability not dilutive.
Lead, develop & manage the DACH VAS & Technical Organisation:
- To lead, motivate & inspire a multi-disciplined organisation of accredited professionals across inventory, procurement, maintenance & engineering, implementation and technical resource
- To enable RS to become First Choice for customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders
- To create a talent pipeline that fosters diversity & inclusion to ensure customer & supplier centricity to drive profitable sales growth
- To be a visionary and effective coach to enhance strategic thinking throughout the VAS inc. Technical teams
- To execute strategy to achieve RS Components strategy at pace and through risk management
- To remove barriers to execution to enable deliver of strategy
- To contribute with the execution of the Key Market Go-To Market, to ensure solutions & contracts are implemented to drive profitable sales growth
- Produce innovate and disruptive implementation approaches that meet the aim of RS becoming a technology solutions provider to gain market share
- To deliver growth ambitions through VAS and Technical
- To create, nurture, win pipeline opportunities to grow the DACH market organically in line with business expectations
- To drive customer acquisition and optimize the customer experience
- To mitigate risk to revenue through robust delivery of implementation of VAS and provision of technical services
- To identify and work with a wide range of stakeholders to execute projects and strategy
- To work across EMEA in a seamless and fluid manner to achieve business expectations.
- Experience of leading and understanding the needs of customers to develop and implement services & technical support strategies
- Product Management, service delivery or operational management experience related to managing / developing in-life & new service offerings
- Proven track record of sizable sales growth in a complex, matrix business environment
- Thorough understanding of customer behaviours and purchasing patterns and appropriate Marketing principles
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrable ability to serve as a successful participant on a Leadership team that provides Growth mindset around leadership and direction to increase market share
- An enthusiastic leader, driving high performance and a culture of accountability
- Demonstrable ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation to influence behavioural changes and development of skill sets for the future business needs
- Ability to be a successful mentor, coach and leader for a high-performing team
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills and working across functions
- Cultural awareness and experience of working in a complex matrix organisation
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Proven change management skills
- Excellent skills in communication, both written and verbal, with fluent German and English language capability is a must
- Experience of working in multiple product, technology solutions environment such as distribution, retail or wholesale or another business services sector
- People leader, with a track record of direct and virtual team leadership as well as cross functional project management experience
- High level of commercial acumen
- Project management and Lean / Six Sigma qualifications and experience would be an asset.
Grow in our high-performance culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
But if we’re going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We’re looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do. Do you?
We’ve been on an incredible journey but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?