Key Account Manager, Zealand
- Job ID 01RK4
Key Account Manager
As Key Account Manager you will have the responsibility to maintain and grow the existing customer base in the Zealand area. Ideally you will live in proximity too or in between Mid – West Zealand. You will be responsible for qualifying and identifying potential new business opportunities in an area that is graced with Agricultural, Universities and large OEM and MRO businesses with large spending potential. Collaborating with the Internal Key Account Manager (IKAM) you will be making sure activities are coordinated to achieve success. You will (along with the IKAM) have overall responsibility and accountability for the revenue growth of your own district.
In Scandinavia, we are 75 employees serving 25,000 customers from our main office in Copenhagen. Furthermore, we are based locally in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. We are customer focused and the daily work is marked by our vision:” To be the first choice for our customers, suppliers and our people, becoming the global provider of end-to-end innovations”
Reporting to the Sales Director Scandinavia, you will join our growing team in Denmark.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role:
- Driving pro-active sales in your district, in collaboration with the Internal Key Account Manager, by fully exploring, understanding and implementing the value proposition and sales processes to the customers
- Responsible for meeting and exceed objectives for turnover, margin, RS Pro- and e-commerce share
- Managing, maintaining and developing the customer portfolio whilst building a professional and proactive relationship with customers by arranging “social” events
- Qualify, identify and contact potential customers and maintain customer data in CRM/ iVisit system
- Responsible for maintaining, renewing and terminating contract and CSP’s and negotiating contracts, discounts, payments terms etc.
- Explore, understand and use our RS value proposition and our sales processes and represent your company with professionalism, engagement and confidence
- Secure a high productivity by good planning and cooperation with internal sale
- Plan visits, book meetings, make minutes of meetings and follow up on action, you make follow up plans for each customer
- Contribute and follow Go to Market plan and strategy and make decisions aligned with the KAM guidelines
- Monitor and report on business performance against plan. Identity issues and opportunities effecting sales/margin performance and recommend action plans
- Execute appropriate agreements for contracts, tenders and quotes to achieve sales growth and customer profitability
What you will bring:
- Experience within the following sectors: Automation & Control or Electronics (product knowledge, industry insight, competitor landscape, key suppliers, market segments)
- High EQ to ensure seamless cooperation/collaboration with the Internal Key Account Manager (IKAM)
- Proven track record of sizable sales growth and proactive approach, aim for the maximum possible outcome and not only what has been agreed
- Highly aware of own impact and what drives and motivates others – perceived performance is everything
- Good knowledge and thorough understanding of the customers behaviors, purchasing patterns and expectations in the B2B environment and ability to map customers and uncover their potential
- Ability to develop a sales action plans and utilize an assertive approach to deliver exceptional results
- Good understanding of RS customers, industry sectors and competitive environment in which RS operates
- Ability to adapt change, quick learner and stay focused on the final target with positive mindset
- Excellent interpersonal/networking skills and strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated with probing tenacity to achieve and exceed objectives
- Ability to flex and adapt tactics in response to changes to internal business priorities and market dynamics
- Strong time management, prioritization skills and demonstrated planning skills
- IT Literate with good working knowledge of SAP, CRM systems, Microsoft office, especially Excel and Power Point
- Fluent in Danish and English – written and spoken
- Driver License
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business:
- Health Insurance
- Company credit card
- Company Car
- Internet paid at home address
- Mobile & laptop
- Competitive sales incentive bonus
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here.
Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognize that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?