Senior Director of Pricing & Margin Optimisation
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01R80
Job Title: Senior Director of Pricing & Margin Optimisation
Location: Corby & Remote
Working Pattern: Full-time
Summary of the role
The margin optimisation team focuses on providing customers with the optimum price that elevates the value proposition. We have a strong foundation to build on as we look to transform our capability to become pricing leaders in distribution. We’re looking for someone to develop a team of 13 and drive the change from a pricing function to a market-leading team focused on end-to-end margin. You’ll work across all product ranges and all markets spanning 32 countries (with the exclusion of our Allied brand in the US).
What you will do
- Improve overall margin of the business and work across countries and functions to achieve this.
- Create policies to improve end-to-end margin and optimise margin across price movement, volume mix, cost of goods, sales discounting and inventory.
- Build and embed a process to fully exploit the capability of the pricefx tool and provide training module for team.
- Drive personalised and predictive pricing using existing tools.
- Build a clear understanding of the price elasticity of key products by category and country.
- Build a country level pricing strategy to maintain/grow margin and revenue (balance value creation and margin) focused on improving customer price perception.
- Support the countries to build a clear policy for sales discounting and with the product team for cost price movement.
- Build a culture of transparency and data focus as well as build the teams capabilities in stakeholder management and end to end margin management.
- Drive new projects to understand customer behaviour and patterns to drive personalised and predictive pricing.
- Develop weekly insight (from cost of goods, sales discounting, promotional discounting, inventory, channel sales) and share this insight for change or challenge.
- Build the competitor pricing trends index report.
- Nurture, develop and coach the existing team.
What you will bring
- A finance background and with this the experience of considering end to end margin.
- Significant experience in pricing and margin optimisation.
- Experience of developing pricing methodologies.
- Ability to deal with multi-regional change.
- Understanding of complexity. An ability to create policies that can be executed across a broad range of products across a category. The ability to see the bigger picture.
- Leadership capability to take the team forwards and alignment to our ‘Amazing Leaders’ profile outlined below.
- Experience in a strong analytical/project management environment.
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills that enable you to effectively interact with associates at all levels of the company and comfortable with leading change. Ability to influence and persuade at all levels.
- Strong organiser, accurate, able to prioritise effectively.
- Drive for results and innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
Fluent in French or German language
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for the organisation. Our Amazing Leaders are required to:
Show Passion - I connect deeply with others – colleagues, customers & suppliers
- I share my aspirations. I am transparent and honest. I act and communicate with integrity
- I collaborate with others, so together we thrive and transform our business
Act with Humility - I create the environment for others to ask ‘what if’, and do amazing things
- I listen to understand diverse views, as I don’t have all the answers
- I empower others to try new, exciting things; and challenge limiting beliefs. Sometimes we fail, but we do it together and we learn
Demonstrate Trust - I lead by example, align others around ambitious goals, and check in regularly
- I commit to and am accountable for two or three key priorities; and I deliver on them
- I join the dots for people across matrix teams, give them ownership, and make sure we always know how we are doing
What we offer
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
We are RS
Electrocomponents is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
But if we’re going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We’re looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do. Do you?
We’ve been on an incredible journey but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?