SAP Test Analyst
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01Q3J
- Closing date N/A
Job Title – SAP Test Analyst
Location – Corby (NN17 5JF)
As a test analyst you will be responsible for using your test experience to drive the testing function forward. You will collaborate with Project Managers Global Business Testers and Test managers. You are responsible for the end to end testing within the SAP space.
Reporting to the Test Manager you will be a part of an organization that promotes personal development, growth, and career progression and who will provide you with the tools and training you need to excel in the industry.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Producing test estimates, test plans, test scenarios/cases and test scripts, to validate the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Performing test execution during Unit, System and Integration test stages.
- Logging and manging defects and incidents in the test management tool.
- Providing support to the business users during user acceptance testing stage.
- Working with the test team in the development and implementation of improvements to the Test Management Framework, including Test Automation.
- Working on Multiple projects
- Accurate and timely reporting on Test Phases
- Appropriate input and escalation to Senior Test Analyst /Test Manager
- Escalating project exceptions to the Project manager /Senior Test Analyst/Test Manager
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- High level of communication influencing and negotiation skills, coupled with an ability to build relationships at all levels
- Competent planning skills coupled with a high capacity to learn and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Demonstrate experience of large scale testing projects.
- Experience of order to cash and procure to pay within SAP
- Skilled in writing acceptance criteria
- Ability to understand complex requirements and convert into a cohesive test scenario
- Review and Apply as appropriate best in class analyst techniques to help deliver solutions
- Implement process improvements that drive quality and efficiencies
- Work with the test team in the development and implementation of improvements to the Test Management Framework, including Test Automation.
- Experience of working with JIRA or similar test and defect management tool and test management tools
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we’re not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
Characteristics for success
We are a transforming business. And we’re growing to serve and inspire our customers even more. To forge a successful career here, you’ll need to:
- Take the initiative
- Think differently
- Become the best
- Focus on people
- Work together
We encourage people to take the initiative, think differently and become the best they can be.
We’re trusted to make the right decisions, do the right thing and work autonomously.
We talk and listen to each other, build relationships and tap into the minds of experts.
We welcome new ideas whoever they come from – and encourage others to champion them.
In the 18 years I’ve been here, tech has always been changing to become better. The new team structure has gained momentum over the last 2 years with heavy investment in technology and infrastructure. It is a great working environment with very capable engineers and genuinely nice people.Neil Latta, Lead Java Developer
Rewards and benefits
As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a valuable set of benefits, depending on your location, that look after your financial and physical wellbeing. These include:
A great culture that encourages you to think differently and grow as part of a team that communicates freely, listens closely and supports each other
We’ll do everything we can to help you work in a way that works for you, just ask the question
An opportunity to buy up to an additional week’s holiday each year
Experience access to a fantastic array of online shopping discounts catering for your passions, hobbies or lifestyle
Great career development
Opportunities to move where your passion takes you
Bonus and pension
Schemes that reward your hard work, secure your future and push you to be at your very best. Helping us achieve both your goals and ours, together
For digital dreamers and tech innovators
Work with a rich ecosystem of websites, delivering solutions and improving functuationality on a daily basis. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the development of our customers’ user experience, and make it the best in the industry. Join us in our journey to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the destination for electronic products and components.