Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01R6Z
Flexible with offices in Corby and London
As Project Manager you will be independent of the company’s main divisions and be deployed to large scale business change projects as required.
Reporting to a Strategic Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the strategy through prioritised work to achieve business benefits.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
What You Will Do
The Group Executive Committee has an ambitious 5-year strategy with several concurrent business change projects as a critical delivery arm of this strategy.
Responsible for the end-to-end management of global, multi-functional projects aligned to the delivery of the Group’s strategic change agenda. The role sits across all business functions. The skill set is transferable, and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects throughout the organisation.
- Up to 3 years Project Management experience in relevant environments
- Up to £1m Project Budget Control
What Will You Bring to the Role
- (Proven Project Management experience leading a number of projects and stakeholders with a track record of delivering business change to achieve outcomes and benefits
- Experience of working in the relevant business environment (Digital, Supply Chain, Distribution, Finance, Infrastructure)
- Experience of working with a variety of delivery methodologies including waterfall/Agile/hybrid
- Strong focus on effective and engaging project and change management, and exposure to formalised methodologies
- Strong team facilitation skills - able to manage and motivate people at all levels in the organisation
- Remains calm during periods of pressure and / or when dealing with issues
- Naturally curious about acquiring new knowledge and best practice
- Experience working in a software delivery environment
- Good coaching skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills, able to work across functions, geographies and cultures
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the business and to various stakeholder groups, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to challenge constructively, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation
What We Offer
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the good stuff you’d expect like:
- Private medical cover for those unexpected moments
- On top of your 25 days holiday, you can buy up to 5 extra days to enjoy how you wish
- Annual bonus to pay for those extra holidays!
- Generous, market-leading pension; it’s never too early to start planning for your future
Grow in our high-performance culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
But if we’re going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We’re looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do. Do you?