Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01QXQ
The Procurement Manager ensures the delivery of the category procurement strategy for a defined category of suppliers (up to 650 suppliers and £250m of annual spend). This is done through the execution of procurement processes and routines supports to maximise the product margin and delivery of key procurement KPI’s (including but not limited to supplier - rebate, marketing support and payment terms). It is crucial to build strong and impactful relationships with key stakeholder across the business and with suppliers to deliver the key business results of our Destination 2025 strategy - being No1 choice for our suppliers.
What You Will Do
- Establishing themselves as the procurement subject matter expert and trusted partner for internal and external stakeholder.
- Defining, establishing, and delivering the global procurement strategy and business plan for a category of suppliers on a global basis with an annual expenditure of up to £200m.
- Establishing efficient ways of working and influencing effectively and collaboratively across the business and regions including with Inventory Management, Product Marketing, Pricing, Sales, Finance, Category Management, Supplier Management, and other stakeholders as required.
- Define, implement, and influence effective and efficient ways of working across the business which supports the 2025 ambition of being our Suppliers number 1 choice.
- Support and champion the definition, execution, and adoption of an effective and efficient SRM process across the business to help support the delivery of business goals and strengthening relationships with chosen suppliers
- Support and champion the definition and adoption of a global governance process for all procurement process
- Develop and execute an effective and timely tender process with both regional and country teams to support sustainable and profitable growth in all customer segments.
What You Will Need
- Evidence of effective Procurement best in class category strategy delivery and development for a multi country category with annual spend above £100m with multicultural stakeholders operating in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience of strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Successful commercial experience
- Results driven and credible in exceeding financial deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management at all level and across geographical markets
- Expertise in procurement/purchasing, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance
- Business technology awareness and skills
- Data literate
- French or German proficiency would be of great benefit
Our Amazing Leaders show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership.
What We Offer
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
The Good Stuff
We have a gorgeous office based in Corby and an outstanding benefit package, which includes:
• 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase a further week)
• Pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Life assurance
• 24/7 access to virtual GP services
• An amazing wellness app
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here.Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed, find out more here. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?