Procurement Manager - Commercial Services
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RDC
Job Title – Commercial Procurement Manager
Location – Corby (NN17 5JF)
Working for the Head of Global Commercial Services, the role-holder will be responsible for sourcing and category management of indirect goods and services across various categories ensuring a balance between cost, quality, time and risk. The Commercial Indirect Procurement team is responsible for supporting all Group companies. Driving value across more than £300m of annual spend.
As a Commercial Procurement Manager, you will take a strategic approach to the Groups 3rd party spend and supply base. As an experienced Procurement and Commercial professional, you will have excellent stakeholder management skills to identify and deliver innovative solutions for local, regional and global business needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for Category Strategy direction and implementation across a number of categories and emerging projects, ensuring time and resources deliver maximum value.
The Global Commercial Services function sits in our Global Shared Business Services, Business Development organisation, responsible for developing and transforming support services for the Group. Alongside Procurement, the Global Commercial function is also home to the Commercial Engine Room, responsible for driving service excellence through optimised and effective Commercial insight and decision flows.
Overall, Global Commercial Services ambition is to provide a world class Commercial Service to the Group. Led by a driven, passionate and highly effective team. We are continually expanding our service offer to cover all aspects of Commercial decision making, valuing:
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative thinking
- Complex problem solving and change management
- Strategic and Development orientated mindset
- Commercial and Emotional intelligence
- World class Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Strategy Development and Effective Implementation to deliver results
- Personality, Enthusiasm and Drive
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Review and apply as appropriate; best in class category management tools & techniques, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management
- Identifying and delivering competitive tendering, re-negotiation and market engagement
- Continuously review processes within the business to ensure effective controls are in place, particularly in relation to the adoption of global frameworks. Taking responsibility for effective communication of category specific governance, user experience and procurement milestones.
- Able to drive strategic change initiatives in complex, multi-stakeholder environments. Demonstrating Commercial excellence and insight to influence key stakeholders. Managing the Commercial needs of the Group with user experience and local demands.
- Work with senior stakeholders to identify and optimise existing contracts in line with Group procurement strategy, compliance and control.
- Pro-active management of strategic supplier relationships to ensure service value to the organisation. The Commercial Procurement function also act as a main source of escalation for Contract Managers.
- Develop and maintain a key advisory role to Board Level and C-Suite Stakeholders, advising on insource vs. outsource and options appraisal.
- Develop a communications strategy to keep internal stakeholders informed of progress and benefits of the procurement pipeline.
- Work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues and demonstrate initiative, effective judgement and ability to anticipate needs of the organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and across multiple Operating companies, regions, functions to understand and identify individual business needs and technical requirements with the goal of driving a satisfactory outcome/solution for the business as a whole
- Ability to develop rapport and trust to lead sourcing and evaluation with key stakeholders. Acting as a trusted adviser.
- Working knowledge of e-tendering portals, with clear and effective organisation and time management skills.
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Demonstrable experience working in a senior Procurement role, with experience of procuring and negotiating contracts. Experience of working in Indirect Procurement, setting strategy and delivering results across categories such as; Corporate and Professional Services, Marketing, Sales, Estate and Technology is essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and 3rd party suppliers to meet / exceed business objectives.
- Experience of implementing and embedding commercial contract and transformational change in complex environments is essential
- Demonstrate leadership and results from: strategic sourcing / indirect procurement / category management
- Experienced in a senior business partnering/ board and functional owner advisory role is essential
- Experience in e-tendering processes and systems
- Experience of delivering category/functional strategies and solutions involving a high degree of complexity in a an international/ Group level role wide support role is desirable.
- Strong diversified stakeholder management skills with an ability to manage delivery across a network of teams (where appropriate). Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences and tailor your communication and engagement approach to achieve buy-in and investment
- Knowledge of Business Process Optimisation, including build vs. buy business case development
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilient with an ability to manage upwards and across effectively. Able to manage conflicting priorities through clear engagement, management and escalation.
- High energy, entrepreneurial and passionate about driving and sustaining Commercial value
- A track record of delivering demonstrable savings and efficiencies which impact the bottom line
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership.
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we’re not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?