People Business Partner UK&I
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RCU
Job Title: People Business Partner – UK & Ireland
Location: Remote but with the ability to travel to Corby and London
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our People Team as a People Business Partner supporting the UK & Ireland commercial market.
Working closely with the Head of People of the UK & Ireland commercial market, you will partner the UK & Ireland leaders to develop and deliver the people plan ensuring it is aligned to the overall commercial market strategy and global people strategy. The role will work closely with stakeholders in the People function to utilise their expertise in-order-to enable delivery of the people plan and ensure fit for purpose, customer focussed, people solutions for the UK&I leaders. This is a progressive role that will evolve in line with the needs of the business and requires someone that is agile and commercially focussed with a strong generalist background.
What you will enjoy doing
- Working in partnership with the Head of People and other People Business Partners to implement the global people strategy and market people plan.
- A true partner that is able to build relationships and be fully immersed in the customer’s environment with the ability to understand the commercial drivers and direction
- Being proactive by anticipating business needs and challenges and factoring these into the 12-24 month people plan
- Excellent communicator and influencer with the ability to broker fit-for-purpose people solutions whilst balancing the needs of the people agenda with business requirements
- Genuine customer centric focus with the ability to bring to life the customer’s needs for the people function and vice versa
- Being data driven, analytical and tech/digital oriented – underpinning people initiatives with data and driving digital solutions where possible
- Lead the talent management and succession agenda by bringing contemporary thinking and methods to effectively mobilise talent
- Working closely with the Talent Acquisition BP to proactively deliver the TA strategy
- Enjoy leading multiple people projects, small and large, from end-to end
- Working with the market leaders to ensure local OD changes are aligned and any organisational structures fit with the group OD principles and deliver suitable commercial outcomes.
- Working collaborating with the People function Centres of Excellence and any other providers to ensure excellent delivery of training and development interventions, recruitment and selection, reward and recognition and front-line support through People Services and the Advisory team.
What you will bring to the role
- Experienced generalist Business Partner that has worked within fast paced, commercial organisations with a true customer centric approach
- Knowledge of contemporary HR best practice approaches and emerging trends
- Driven and agile with the ability to lead multiple initiatives/projects across different disciplines
- Strong project management skills with excellent stakeholder engagement
- Able to demonstrate impact of HR initiatives on the business either commercially and/or operationally
- Ability to deliver simple solutions and cut out complexity
- M&A and TUPE experience
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation to influence behavioural change
- Comfortable with data, analysis and the ability to interrogate data to drive insight
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?