People Business Partner - Supply Chain
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RC9
Job Title: People Business Partner – Supply Chain
Location: Corby, UK
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our People Team as the People Business Partner, Supply Chain.
You will work in close partnership with Supply Chain Leaders to drive the people agenda in support of all Supply Chain initiatives. The role will work closely with other stakeholders in the People Team to ensure continued alignment with the global People strategy that will enable the delivery of the global business strategy. In time this role may evolve to take on other areas of the business.
What you will enjoy doing
- You will enjoy being fully immersed in the Supply Chain strategic direction and plan. Be a valued part of the Supply Chain leadership, ensuring legal compliance and effectively balance the needs of our people agenda with business requirements.
- Work in partnership with the VP of People and other People Business Partners to implement the global People strategy and functional people plan.
- Enjoy understanding how Supply Chain operates and the future capability requirements to make recommendations on longer term initiatives required to support the business strategy.
- You will develop a good working relationship with USDAW, trade union on site. This role may in time end up with responsibility for the UKICF (UK Information and Consultation Forum)
- Leveraging the partnership with the functional leadership team to ensure effective local OD changes are aligned and any organisational structures fit with the group OD principles and deliver suitable commercial outcomes.
- Ensuring functional leadership are developing robust succession plans and developing key talent in line with global plan
- Working collaborating with the People function Centres of Excellence and any other providers to ensure excellent delivery of training and development interventions, recruitment and selection, reward and recognition and front-line support through People Services and the Advisory team.
What you will bring to the role
- Experience working within HR as a generalist
- Sound working knowledge of UK employment law
- Good working knowledge of HR best practice approaches
- Able to demonstrate impact of HR initiatives on the business either commercially and/or operationally
- Exceptional business partnering skills with the customer at the forefront
- Ability to deliver simple solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation to influence behavioural change
- Comfortable with data, analysis and the ability to interrogate data to drive insight
- Trade Union experience will be advantageous
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?