Inventory Solutions Specialist
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RTT
Job Title - Inventory Solutions Specialist
Location – Corby (NN17 5JF)
As an Inventory Solutions Specialist, you will have a proven understanding of Inventory management planning concepts and end to end processes, you will act as a true subject matter expert within the Inventory Solutions& Optimisation team.
You will drive the development of strategic business initiatives, through identification of opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies in Inventory performance and user solutions. Using your Demand and Supply Planning expert process, application knowledge and problem-solving expertise you will exploit the capabilities of the planning system to drive improved IM performance. Identify and investigate alternative ways of working, challenging the status quo to meet the business needs, looking for alternative solutions where appropriate. A subject matter expert championing change and value add initiatives.
Reporting to the Inventory Solutions & Optimisation Manager, you will be a part of an organization that promotes personal development, growth, and career progression and who will provide you with the tools and training you need to excel in the industry.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Responsibility for the ongoing development, specification and implementation of current and future Global planning solution functional requirements to optimise Global functionality
- Project manage and process improve both system related and end to end processes and activities.
- Driving improved and increased efficiency of processes and capability
- Working closely with the senior management teams Globally to understand and translate business needs into functional solutions to enable profitable responses to them on behalf of Inventory Management function
- Providing functional expertise support for all Inventory Solutions & Processes Globally. Including; Inventory forecasting & Planning systems, JDA, SAP and BW interfaces and others still to be specified and developed to meet longer term business needs.
- Providing solution driven recommendations to the Inventory and Product Leadership team that add value and contribute to the wider Inventory/ Product Strategic direction
- Building strong relationships both externally and internally, with system solution providers and interfaces to ensure functionally sound solutions
- Working with the Operations Excellence team in Supply Chain to develop best practice, knowledge and exploit key learning.
- Facilitation of collaborative forums to drive Inventory performance and improvements
- Project support experts – i.e. changes to network configuration (Bad Hersfeld Expansion), IT system environment (Technology Roadmaps), product hierarchies and offer types (PACE).
- Ensuring that any enhancements are done with the customer and user experience at the heart, providing understanding of user processes and requirements through focussed support and expert knowledge
- Delivering optimal and complimentary outputs through management and integration of all modules through effective inventory planning disciplines and methodologies (Demand, Supply, Inventory optimisation)
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Experience in international Inventory planning management – Supply, Demand, and Inventory Optimisation
- Significant experience in Inventory management principles and techniques
- Advanced and expert knowledge of JDA functionality across all modules
- Highly effective business partnering skills, proactive, motivational and dynamic in approach
- Strong commercial skills which can interpret and communicate financial impact
- Ability to lead the development of strategic business plans
- Comprehension and appreciation of Project management and CI methodology
- Demonstrates an effective working relationship with senior management and the understanding of how that relationship can help drive a business forward.
- Knowledge of our external market place (customers, competitors & suppliers)
- Proven capability to globalise the view of the organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive alignment across a Global matrix organisation,
- Ability to use knowledge and experience of external best practice drive improvement
- Fluent in English language
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we’re not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?