Data Quality Analyst
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RMD
- Closing date N/A
Job Title - Data Quality Analyst
Location - Corby / St Pancras, London
As a data orientated professional with a proven track record of improving data quality and implementing data best practices is being sought to join our exciting Data & Analytics Strategy Team within the Finance division of Electrocomponents.
You will be passionate Data Quality specialist / Data Analyst with an appreciation of Data Governance principles and be able to undertake a critical role in building trust and confidence in a Global organisation’s data assets.
You will be responsible for the quality of data across several data domains including customer and product data. You will help influence and collaborate with teams across the business to support implementing a Data Governance framework thereby adding control as well as driving change. You will also be a hands-on data expert capable of guiding subject matter experts towards developing and evangelising data quality products that breed trust and confidence in data being used to drive key decision making. The role will therefore require a mixture of technical skill, influence, stakeholder management and the ability to proactively develop and drive the data quality and governance agendas.
This is a unique and rare opportunity, to really shape how key data is utilised within a Global business. Whilst this role has a strategic edge, it is essential that you have a range of data related skills to draw on to perform the role that could suit someone looking for a step up into a more senior role or perhaps you are no longer challenged and need something new to sink your teeth into.
Working within the Data & Analytics Strategy Team, you will be a part of an organization that promotes personal development, growth, and career progression and who will provide you with the tools and training you need to excel in the industry.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Guiding, supporting and working alongside a team of data quality and governance colleagues.
- Playing a key role in the development and monitoring of our data ecosystem setting data quality principles.
- Forensically examining & profiling data and creating data quality outputs to monitor the quality of data.
- Understanding, auditing, monitor and vocalising data quality outputs from various sources and applications.
- Identifying opportunities to be more efficient and data driven to establish Continuous Improvement activities that make use of colleague expertise and improving data technologies.
- Performing data validation, issue identification and issue resolution.
- Supporting the process of embedding data solutions into the standard working practices of key teams across the business.
- Working with the business to identify gaps and conflicts with data policy, developing and implementing monitoring to enforce data ownership and clear accountability across the organisation.
- Developing collaborative and effective relationships with data quality and governance related stakeholders and colleagues.
- Using your expertise to play a part in driving compliance to the Data Governance Policy and Framework throughout the organisation.
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Data quality experience in a hands-on capacity.
- Experience of working within a data orientated environment and role with some familiarity of data management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of documenting data flows, exploring and reviewing data collection processes and Master Data Management.
- Technical skills to manipulate data using languages such as SQL and Python.
- Exposure to Data Governance principles and practices.
- Ability to establish credibility and develop effective business relationships with colleagues.
- Strong organisational, problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Willing to learn, naturally inquisitive, pragmatic and fun to work with.
- Articulate with strong presentation and storytelling skills.
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership.
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we’re not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
Characteristics for success
We are a transforming business. And we’re growing to serve and inspire our customers even more. To forge a successful career here, you’ll need to:
- Take the initiative
- Think differently
- Become the best
- Focus on people
- Work together
We encourage people to take the initiative, think differently and become the best they can be.
We’re trusted to make the right decisions, do the right thing and work autonomously.
We talk and listen to each other, build relationships and tap into the minds of experts.
We welcome new ideas whoever they come from – and encourage others to champion them.
In the 18 years I’ve been here, tech has always been changing to become better. The new team structure has gained momentum over the last 2 years with heavy investment in technology and infrastructure. It is a great working environment with very capable engineers and genuinely nice people.Neil Latta, Lead Java Developer
Rewards and benefits
As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a valuable set of benefits, depending on your location, that look after your financial and physical wellbeing. These include:
A great culture that encourages you to think differently and grow as part of a team that communicates freely, listens closely and supports each other
We’ll do everything we can to help you work in a way that works for you, just ask the question
An opportunity to buy up to an additional week’s holiday each year
Experience access to a fantastic array of online shopping discounts catering for your passions, hobbies or lifestyle
Great career development
Opportunities to move where your passion takes you
Bonus and pension
Schemes that reward your hard work, secure your future and push you to be at your very best. Helping us achieve both your goals and ours, together
For digital dreamers and tech innovators
Work with a rich ecosystem of websites, delivering solutions and improving functuationality on a daily basis. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the development of our customers’ user experience, and make it the best in the industry. Join us in our journey to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the destination for electronic products and components.