Business Change Manager 18 month FTC
Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01ROK
Job Title - Business Change Manager (18-month FTC)
Location – Corby (NN17 5JF)
Reporting to the Insight Initiative Programme Manager, you will support the delivery of the Insight Initiative and the Group’s change agenda through the following activities:
- Working at a strategic level to support the development of future ‘to be’ solutions and desired business outcomes across our key stakeholder groups (our people, customers, suppliers, and investors)
- Working at a programme delivery level to lead the overall transformation, set standards, develop core capability and co-ordinate activity across the planned initiatives and Business as Usual (BAU)activity to ensure we achieve our desired business outcomes
- Working at a project level to ensure projects are set-up success and deliver against their plans to ensure we realise business benefits
- Working at programme level to set up; implement and lead a new change network across the organisation globally
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Leading the business change activity for the Insight Initiative, including the impact of change assessment, business readiness planning
- Supporting the development of the ‘to be’ future state, desired business outcomes and key ‘stepping stones’ across our key stakeholder groups (our people, customers, suppliers, and investors)
- Setting & championing standards and ensuring we have the right tools, capabilities and skills, across our delivery teams and the Insight Initiative. for successfully managing change across the programme
- Providing hands on change management delivery and support – including development of the ‘to be’ future state, impact of change assessments, change plans, business readiness planning, benefits realisation, training plans, communications and stakeholder engagement – to time, cost and quality
- Developing and manage a virtual ‘change network’ team made up of people across the Group. Ensuring this team remains proactive, effective and committed to driving and embedding the changes required for the Insight Initiative to achieve its objectives
- Supporting communications and stakeholder engagement
- Coordinating change across the planned programme initiatives and BAU activity, to ensure we achieve our desired business outcomes and benefits realisation
- Working with individual projects, to ensure they are ‘set up for success’ and audited to ensure high standards are maintained throughout the delivery life-cycle
- Providing leadership to, and facilitating the work of, cross-functional project teams.
- Ensuring team members remain motivated and committed to the project and programme objectives, whilst balancing the demands of any BAU commitments
- Identifying and managing risks, issues and inter-project dependencies associated with change management. Ensuring visibility; with plans to resolve and managed through relevant stakeholders
- Liaising with the central ePMO and other programmes across the group portfolio to ensure consistency of approach and alignment of change management activities and the associated change
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Proven Change Management experience; leading the business elements of several projects
- Track record of delivering business change to achieve outcomes and benefits
- Experience of working in the relevant business environment (Digital, Data, IT, Finance, Infrastructure)
- Experience of working with a variety of delivery methodologies including Waterfall/Agile/hybrid
- Strong focus on effective and engaging change management and exposure to formalised change methodologies
- Strong team facilitation skills; able to manage and motivate people at all levels across the organisation
- Remains calm during periods of pressure and / or when dealing with issues
- Good coaching skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills; able to work across functions, geographies and cultures
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the business and to various stakeholder groups, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to challenge constructively, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership.
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day, to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we’re not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?