Corby, United Kingdom
- Job ID 01RJM
- Closing date N/A
As the world’s largest distributor of electronics and industrial products, we are a global force in the B2B e-commerce market. We are pioneers, innovators and disruptors and we can see plenty of opportunities for the future. This is underpinned by digital, technology, data, and culture of people who are continually transforming and growing the business to meet the needs of our customers in a fast-changing world.
As a Business Analyst you will be the liaison between stakeholders, facilitating mutual understanding that enables the successful delivery of solutions. As such, your responsibilities are:
- Work closely with the business stakeholders to ensure their needs are captured in a clear, concise and unambiguous way
- Produce documentation as appropriate to communicate and aid understanding of the requirements
- Take ownership of the requirements, providing input to project deliverables and controls as required
- Work together with delivery teams to ensure delivery meets expectations
- In Agile delivery, will be an integral member of the development team
- Support Product Owners in the development of their on-going roadmap for feature development and release.
- Estimation and planning of analysis tasks, and being accountable for the delivery of those tasks
- Applying best practice methods and being an active participant of our BA community for the sharing of learnings and experience
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience in a Business Analyst role and are able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Experience of both Agile and Waterfall software delivery methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with good interpersonal and consultative skills
- The ability to connect with stakeholders at a level that facilitates easier collaboration
- Experience of running and facilitating effective workshops and interviews, and can adapt to apply a variety of elicitation techniques accordingly
- Able to write unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level
- Process modelling analysis and notation (As-is, To-be, workflows, user journeys etc.)
- Conveys requirements using appropriate approaches to aid understanding eg. visual representations, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Has a natural inquisitive nature and will ask probing, open-ended questions to draw out true requirements
- Uses critical thinking to investigate options and alternatives instead of accepting the first solution given
- Has an open mind and is willing to listen to others views and opinions
- Ability to rise above low-level details to see the big picture, therefore thinks ahead and anticipates needs
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in line with project timelines
- Ability to gauge the pulse of the project and when necessary, go the extra mile to make things happen.
We want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential, share your ideas and make them happen. We want you to feel supported and listened to by a team that celebrates individuality and independent thought, encourages different perspectives and embraces every background.
We have modern offices in Corby and an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 10% Bonus
- 26 days holiday (with the option to purchase a further week)
- Extremely generous contributory Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life assurance
We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital technology to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the one-stop-shop for industrial parts and electronic components.
Do you want to join our digital revolution? Can you help deliver amazing things for our customers? Do you want to see your valued analysis contribution help to drive out cutting-edge solutions?
Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
Characteristics for success
We are a transforming business. And we’re growing to serve and inspire our customers even more. To forge a successful career here, you’ll need to:
- Take the initiative
- Think differently
- Become the best
- Focus on people
- Work together
We encourage people to take the initiative, think differently and become the best they can be.
We’re trusted to make the right decisions, do the right thing and work autonomously.
We talk and listen to each other, build relationships and tap into the minds of experts.
We welcome new ideas whoever they come from – and encourage others to champion them.
In the 18 years I’ve been here, tech has always been changing to become better. The new team structure has gained momentum over the last 2 years with heavy investment in technology and infrastructure. It is a great working environment with very capable engineers and genuinely nice people.Neil Latta, Lead Java Developer
Rewards and benefits
As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a valuable set of benefits, depending on your location, that look after your financial and physical wellbeing. These include:
A great culture that encourages you to think differently and grow as part of a team that communicates freely, listens closely and supports each other
We’ll do everything we can to help you work in a way that works for you, just ask the question
An opportunity to buy up to an additional week’s holiday each year
Experience access to a fantastic array of online shopping discounts catering for your passions, hobbies or lifestyle
Great career development
Opportunities to move where your passion takes you
Bonus and pension
Schemes that reward your hard work, secure your future and push you to be at your very best. Helping us achieve both your goals and ours, together
For digital dreamers and tech innovators
Work with a rich ecosystem of websites, delivering solutions and improving functuationality on a daily basis. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the development of our customers’ user experience, and make it the best in the industry. Join us in our journey to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the destination for electronic products and components.