Director, Distribution Center (Geschäftsführer/in)
Bad Hersfeld, Germany
- Job ID 01RD0
We´re looking for an experienced Logistics Distribution centre Senior Management professional to become the Director of the Bad Hersfeld DC. The site is currently undergoing a major expansion project and it is intended that the new candidate to be part of Business Change management and Go live phase of their major DC expansion project.
RS Components built their Bad Hersfeld DC in 2002 and since then it has operated successfully processing 15k customer order lines per day from 140k sku’s utilising a zonal conveyor system and voice pick technology. In March 2019 the decision was taken to invest a further €65m to expand the site and increase capacity to 40k lines per day from 500k sku’s utilising the latest automated systems. This is an ecommerce type operation focussing on same day despatch for small orders with an average of 2.5 lines per order.
The project includes the following key elements: building expansion, automated shuttle and enhanced conveyor system, IT system enhancements.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role:
- Responsible for daily operations, engineering and maintenance, security, all aspects of people management and property
- Deliver high productivity and accurate cost management
- Build a high-performance team, unified in mission and culture
- Effective management to exploit the new automation
- Develop strategies and initiatives to further exploit advancements in automation and technology to drive effectiveness
- Strategy development for the site and involvement in developing the global network
- Implement and maintain a culture of customer centricity across the operation
- Exceed customer expectations in on time delivery, quality and damage free
- Drive a culture of best in class Health and safety management
- Build employee engagement, resulting in best in class employee survey scores. Do this through personal engagement, approachability, openness and encouraging the same in others
- Personal commitment to safety and well-being of entire operation, as well as to the environment and community
- Manage the Procurement for the Site Services, consumables and Utilities incl. Contract Management
What you will bring:
- Passionate about safety with experience of best in class safety management practices and regulations
- Exceptional people leadership. Highly engaging and confident to talk to people at all levels
- Senior leadership experience within an international high service distribution and /or Logistical environment
- Very clear customer orientation
- Familiarity with distribution centre activities and management (small order/Ecommerce environment using Automated handling systems a benefit)
- Relentless performance focus (Safety, finance, productivity, employee engagement, customer service, environmental)
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, yet drive operational execution and implementation
- Experience of works council practices, policies and engagement will be key, awareness of trade unions would be advantageous
- Long range planning skills to ensure capability and capacity to meet business demand
- Ability and evidence of showing composure, a positive attitude and strong judgement, even in adverse situations
- Quickly and confidently makes tough decisions, skilfully balancing analysis with decisiveness, multiple demands and stakeholder expectations to ensure win: win solutions are achieved
- Experience of works council and trade unions would be advantageous
- Strong growth and transformation orientation.
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example, by taking accountability and ownership.
The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can offer remote and flexible working pattern, however we need to recognize effective management of a team of up to 400 employees in a dynamic Distribution centre environment is achieved primarily by on-site, face to face, engagement and leadership.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here.
Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognize that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re transforming markets and the impact of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?